Friday, April 30, 2004

The house guest.

It was a warm spring night. I had left the door open so the dogs could come back in when they where done with there business. That is when we got the visitor, he came walking in the door like he own the place, I caught a glimpse of him from the corner of my eye, just enough to startle me. I ran to the kitchen and threw the fridge into the middle of the floor. Steve somewhat bewildered at my actions came running in. "What are you doing, oh shit there it goes." It ran across the floor under the table, and behind the microwave stand. "I'll be back" my brave hero told me. I stood there keeping the intruder at bay waiting for his return. Finally he appears, with a Dasiy Red Rider in hand. Now if you don't know by now our intruder was a mouse, what my husband had in mind was beyond me. I don't think it is humanly possible to cock a BB gun as fast as these little rodents can run, so maybe he is going to beat it to death with the stock of the gun? It ran out from behind the microwave stand as I moved it out and that was the last I saw of it, but he'll be back, they always come back, and Steve will be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment