Friday, April 16, 2004

Boy we have it good.

My morning routine usually includes reading my favorite blogs, I don't read to many just a few as I am getting my boys ready for school. That is what I was doing this morning, reading my blogs, and one really got my attention. This particular blog is always interesting. She is new to America, and she tells us of her struggles adapting to life here, she is never bitter, she just does what she has to do, and gets on with life. Well this mornings entry hit me hard, and she made me realize just how lucky in life I am. Steve and I don't have a lot of money, but we are comfortable, I get to stay home with my kids. We have 2 cars, a washer and a dryer, a dish washer, and all the little stuff that makes life easier, all the stuff I take for granted. Yes we live in a house that is way to little for 5 people and 3 dogs, but it is ours it is paid for. We are quickly out growing my little 2 door car, but it is paid for. We have a big back yard, nice neighbors, and all the things in life that we need. I am more thankful for all the stuff I do have today. I am sure the writer of that blog never intend to invoke such feelings from me. She was just writing, that is what we do, but she did, and a special thanks to her for it. Just remember that when you think things suck and life is not how you want it to be someone is struggling much worse than you. Don't take the little things for granted, because they really do make life so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment