Saturday, April 24, 2004

Labor pains.

I was laying in a hospital with a tube hooked to my arm, and wonder if this was even going to work. I was having my labor induced, because my baby was late, and three years later he is still making us late. It is hard to believe that the baby is not really a baby anymore. I am not big on birthday parties, especially when they are so little. I started a tradition of taking the kids to the store on their birthdays and letting them pick out anything they want instead of going and struggling through the endless toys that all look the same to me anyway, trying to pick just the right thing. They love it we spend about an hour going through the toys until they get just what they want. Then we go and pick out a cake, and they get to pick that too. They all think it is great, and look forward to their turn to pick their toy and cake. They get enough wrapped up junk from the relatives anyway, so they should have something really special from mom and dad. It always ends up that what they got from us was their favorite gift that way too. Well we spent the birthday picking through the toys, and got the cake and went to the park and met up with Steves family. Now I have over sugared kids with all these noise making toys, and it makes me with Steves brother and sister had small children so I could pay them back in kind. We had a great day though, I can't believe it has already been three years, and I didn't think I would make it this long as a mom. Hope you all had a great day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment