Thursday, April 15, 2004

I miss my grandparents.

The internet is a wonderful way for me to talk to the people I love that live far away from me. It brings them right into my living room anytime they connect. However unfortunate events have called my grandparents away from home, and I have not been able to chat with them all week. It is crazy how much I miss our daily chats. We never talk about anything real important, just how the kids are doing, and what they are going to do for the day. We talk about going to walmart, or the grocery store. We just chat sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. I like the fact that they are always there, and I can have a relationship with them that I would not be able to otherwise, because they live in another state. I can share my world with them and they share theirs. It makes me feel closer to them. My grandparents are 2 of the greatest people in the world, and I love them so much. My granny knows me so well that all I have to do is type a couple of words and she knows what kind of mood I am in. She can tell if I have a headache or I am having a trying day with the boys, and she always knows what to say to make my day better. My granddaddy is funny he makes me laugh all the time, and growing up I never really knew that about him. I have gotten to know them as people, not just as my grandparents. I have always had a pretty close relationship with them, but they use to be my grandparents, now thanks to the internet they have become 2 of my very closest friends as well, and I hope they have a good trip and get home safe and soon, because I miss them so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment