Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I need a bigger bed.

When I had my first child I never wanted to let go of him. I would take him to bed with me, and then when Steve came to bed he would move him over to his crib. We had our second child and the oldest gave up his crib, and moved to a kid bed, but still spent most of the night in our bed. He finally started sleeping in a bed with his little brother when we had our third son, and didn't sneak into our bed in the middle of the night very much. Now he is on the top bunk, and sneaks down to the big bottom bunk to sleep with his brothers. When he does this there is just not enough room in the bed for all three of them, so one of them, usually the baby, comes and gets into bed with us. Well last night was one of those nights. I usually just scoot over and cover them up and go back to sleep, that is what I attempted to do last night. I was almost asleep and he kept getting closer and I tried to move him back to the middle, but there was someone else in the way I opened my eyes and there they were the baby and the middle boy. There was no where for me to go, so I got up and got in their bed, was almost asleep, when they both wandered in so I put them in the bed and got them comfortable, and went back to my bed. I thought good now they are settled, and I can get some sleep. Boy was I wrong not 15 minutes went by and the first one waddled in. I hoped that the other one would stay put, but that was just wishful thinking on my part, in he came and I covered him up. By that time I just decided to stay put, or we were just going to play musical beds all night. So there we are four of us, in my queen sized bed. I was so thankful when the alarm went off and Steve got up, then I could have a little room, and get my 30 minutes of sleep before I had to get up. I never really did go back to sleep, I keep looking at the clock thinking it wouldn't wake me up, because I was so tired, so I just got up. I went to check on the oldest one, and he was not in bed anymore. I panicked, and couldn't find him anywhere, so I went back to my room thinking maybe I had just overlooked him, and there he was tucked in the corner on the floor by my bed. I am thinking that if we just get wall to wall mattress then everyone will be happy. The dogs and the kids can all be right there with me, and maybe I will get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment