Monday, May 17, 2004

Sleep eludes me.

I often wonder what it would be like to get in bed, fall asleep, and wake up feeling rested and refreshed. I don't sleep well, never have. I go to bed and lay there wishing for that blissful feeling to over come me. I have tried relaxation tapes, counting sheep, noise, no noise, exercise, pills, you name it I have tried it in hopes of finding that dream world that so often escapes me. I can sit at my desk late at night and my eyelids are so heavy they threaten to close any minute, but I crawl into my bed, snuggle in, close my eyes and wait and wait and wait. When I finally do fall asleep I usually sleep fairly well, but there is never enough of that sleep to get me through the day. The sleep I do get is more like an afternoon nap, not a good nights rest. Maybe one day I will learn to sleep, and my days will be more productive, because I won't be tired all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment