Monday, May 03, 2004

Call me.

I have been reading a certain blog, and there has been a lot of dating talk lately. This has made me first off glad I am not in the dating world, and mostly wondering where people get these "rules of dating".

I have always been a straight forward kind of person, and if I give out my phone number it means call me, I like you and I would like to get to know you better. It means if I give you my number and you don't call me then I will know you don't feel the same way, I guess I am just old and have not been in the dating world in a good many years, but there just seems to be so many games played these days. If 2 people like each other then why play these games? The guys are so worried about appearing desperate, and the girls are all sitting around wondering if the guy is going to call. So my advice for all these young people is throw the phone number to the wind, and just meet somewhere the next day, a lunch, a walk in the park, whatever. This would cure a lot of wasted time waiting around to call, or waiting around for the call. How hard would that be. "Hey I don't do the phone number game, but if you are really interested and I have a chance to get to know you better, then lets meet tomorrow at Joes happyland cafe at 1 pm. If your not planning on showing up let me know now, so I don't waste my time either, and we can both move on".

No comments:

Post a Comment