Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Oh my mis-spent youth!

I was channel surfing last night, and all of a sudden there he was, the object of my girlhood fantasies, taking me back to years gone by. My heart still skipped just a little bit at the site of him, which really surprised me. I had not realized I had carried him into my adult life. I had not even thought about him in years, but there he was starring at me from the TV screen. I felt like a teenager again. I remember the posters of him plastered all over my bedroom walls, and dreams of one day coming face to face with this rock and roll god. He was my biggest crush, and he only existed in magazines and television. Isn't it funny what teenage girls do? I would never dream of plastering his image on my walls now. I don't have the same desire to meet him in person, and fall madly in love with each other, that was over 15 years ago. My taste in men has changed dramatically as well. I can't remember the last time I looked at a guy with hair longer than mine and thought he was good looking. I never knew how silly I was, until last night. I guess most teenage girls do the same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment