Thursday, May 13, 2004

Computers suck.

Well ok it is the user. I am giving free advice tonight. Do not play around in your registry files, they are there for a reason. I do this about once a month, and normally I pay attention to what I am deleting. Well I deleted a bunch of stuff I need to make windows run properly. So I had to re install my whole flipping operating system, because I couldn't even log on. I lost everything I had, why because I did not pay attention to what I was doing. Yes I could have re booted from my disk, but when it asked me do you want to reinstall click enter or recover click r. Now those words are pretty straight forward, any moran would have hit r, no not me I hit enter, got up went to put the boys in bed, came back and there my computer was reinstalling windows. The good news is my whole system got a good clean up, and it is like I got a brand new computer to start all over with. Thank god there was nothing I really needed on my system. I back up all the important stuff, and it is a good thing my blog is stored on blogger, oh my god I would have had a heart attack! Hope everyone had a better evening than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment