Friday, August 20, 2004

Olympics

I have to admit I am not much into the summer Olympics. I like the diving competitions, and I will watch some of the swimming. Even some of the track and field events are not that bad, but I flipped it on tonight and thought I would caught some of the games. To my utter amazement and disbelief was a sport I am sure everyone was tuned into watching with anticipation, yes I am talking about the mighty sport of the trampolene! The excitement, the thrill, what the hell is this? I am talking about the big thing kids fall off of in their back yards and break their arms, the thing my kids sneak over to the neighbors to jump on. Yeah that thing. When did the trampolene become a sport. I can't remember the last time I was watching ESPN and heard "stay tuned after this, the national trampolene event is coming up and you don't want to miss that" or the last time I heard someone say "When I grow up I wanna be a trampoleneist." I would really love to commentate one of these events to "and look at her go, she is really getting some air on that thing, she is about 10 feet high, no 20 no 25 feet high now. Look at the bounce." I mean really what the hell else can you say. What happened to real sports? That is why I am a winter sports kind of person, in the winter Olympics you would never see such things as trampolene. I admit they do have curling, but at least that takes some kind of skill, how smart do you have to be to bounce up and down on a trampolene? For the love of God people it isn't a sport, how can they even pretend it is a sport? I am baffled and down right confused, I know that doesn't take much to get me in that state, but this is just not right.


OH and guess who is back Randy I just read his post and I know a few of you have been wondering about him. Well he is blogging again after getting back from a trip home to see his family. For everyone who doesn't know Randy yet he is stationed in Korea right now, and his wife and 2 sons are at home in Houston TX. So head over and tell him welcome back to blogland.

No comments:

Post a Comment