Thursday, June 24, 2004

The stupid things I do.

What the hell was I thinking? I know this girl she is 18, and has a 2 year old baby. She is a good kid really, just got into a little trouble. So anyway I watch her little boy from time to time, and I had him last night. He is going through the whole biting thing so the 4 of them battled all night. When his mom came to get him, she told me that she got offered a better job, which is great she needs the money. She is fixing to get married, and things in life are falling into place for awhile. So she asked me if I would be willing to babysat. I without thinking, because I feel sorry for her, say sure sweetie I would do that for you. Then she tells me it would be from 6:30 in the morning to like 3 in the afternoon. What the hell? Who gets up that early? I am just barley going to bed at 6:30 in the morning. I guess I am stuck with even less sleep than before now! I should be slapped for my stupidity, but then I look at her life, and realize she feels safe leaving her baby in my care, she needs a friend she can depend on, and she is young. How can I not help her out? Things have been a mess for her up until this point and she is doing the best she can. Yeah, I will get up that early for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment