Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Some of the best things in life.

I got into bed last night, and like most nights, there was already a small child in my spot. Steve was not home so I scooted his little body over so I could get in. He was sound asleep, and yet he knew I was there. He smiled and snuggled his little frame against me, and I put my arm around him. He grabbed my finger and wrapped his tiny fingers around it. That is how I drifted off, holding my baby tightly against me, listening to the sound of his breathing, and smelling his freshly washed hair. There is nothing better in the world then the smell and feel of your children. I love to hug them, squeeze them, and hold them. I will often just sniff their little head, because they just smell so good. I can not walk by one of them without touching them; giving them a pat on the head, or throwing my arms around their little bodies and just squeezing them. There will be a time when they do not want me to hold them anymore. There will be a time when my kisses do not cure their hurts, and snuggling with mom will not be their safety net anymore. I know it is already happening with David, he does not need me as much as he use to. He is growing up, and I have no choice but to let him. Oh, he will still crawl into my lap, and he will still sneak into my bed late at night, but it is happening less and less the older he gets. I will just have to hold them for as long as they will allow me to, but I will never let go ever, my heart will always hold on to these precious little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment