Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The weather outside is frightful.

The snow is piling up and the thermostat is hovering at 3 degrees, when you factor in the wind chill it is -19 F. For those of you that are outside the US using that Celsius system, that would be -16 and -28 with the wind chill. I much prefer our way it doesn't seem so cold that way. I still don't understand Celsius, or metrics for that matter. I guess it is just because I am old and set in my ways. We are expecting 8 to 12 inches of new snow, which is good. They are offering a special this month at our ski hill. For $35 you get snow board lessons, all day lift tickets, and all day rental of your boots and boards. That is what I am getting Cameron for his birthday, both him and David want to learn to snowboard. I was going to take the boys sledding this weekend, but we have to finish the bathroom before we can do anything fun. It is to damn cold downstairs to have to shower down there much longer, and I am looking forward to a bathroom with a door and walls again! So maybe I will just let them skip school one day next week and we will go sledding!

No comments:

Post a Comment