Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The problem with that is...

I have been told that I am not the same person that I was 8 years ago. I will admit that I am not, in the last 8 years I have gone though so many changes that I can't even keep up myself. I came out of an abusive relationship and right into a brand new relationship, I was thrown into motherhood over night, not once but 3 times, I became a wife, I lost my independence, I have ups and downs with depression like I have never had in my life. I have changed a lot. I no longer have the option of being irresponsible and carefree. I lost my youth the minute I because a wife and a mother, and the boys are the only thing in life that I have. They are my only world and I am sorry that I am not fun anymore and I am sorry that I don't just take other peoples shit anymore, and I am sorry that I won't budge on my feelings toward people who have angered me. I am sorry that you feel like you have to share my attention with my boys and they get most of it. I am sorry that I am not what you expected me to be. I am sorry that we never really knew each other before we got married, and I am sorry that I let other people influence my decisions on what was right. I am sorry that we have nothing in common anymore. I am sorry for a lot of things that can't be changed now, but it is just as much your fault as it is mine, and if you don't know the person I have become maybe you should take a little time to get to know just who I am and figure out if you even like this one, because this is who I have really always been even if you never cared to take a close enough look before you married me.

No comments:

Post a Comment