Friday, October 15, 2004

Winter

When does winter officially start? Well in Wyoming the traditional Dec. 21 date is null and void. Winter is here. We are getting snow mixed in with the rain this morning, so it is time for the hats, boots, and coats to come out of hiding. Actually I have seen snow in the summer here, it doesn't happen often, but every once in awhile mother nature will throw us a curve. I love the snow and cold. I am not much of a warm weather person at all, but the last few years I have noticed I can predict the weather with the aches and pains in my body. I was blessed with arthritis in my hands, feet, and knees, have had it since I was young, and they took my vioxx off the market, something about heart attacks. Anyway where was I going with this post? Oh yes winter and clothing. So snow, wet cold, hats, boots, and coats, ah yes. This morning David decided that he hates his coat, and really I don't blame him it is a big bulky coat and he looks kind of like the little brother on A Christmas Story, you know when he is all bundled up and can barley move. Then he has out grown his boots and we can't find Cam's boots. David flat refused to go to school if he had to wear "that coat". I will probably get turned in for child neglect today, because I allowed him to wear a jacket and a sweatshirt, it was so much easier than fighting with him over it. So it looks like we are off tonight to purchase new boots and coats for them, I am just glad it is Friday and we can sleep in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment