Monday, October 25, 2004

snow makes me lazy

I woke this morning and the house was freezing, something that makes me want to snuggle under the covers and go back to sleep. The boys had to go to school though so I threw back the blankets, and jumped out of bed; I ran to the kitchen to start my coffee, then ran back to the bedroom to get my thick socks. That is when I noticed the snow was sticking to everything. We have had snow a couple times already, but the ground was still warm enough that nothing was sticking for very long. The ground is now cold and the snow is not melting. The boys are wanting to know when we can go sking. I have not been skiing in about 15 years so I hope it is like riding a bike and you don't forget, because I promised them I would take them this year. We live about 25 minutes from the top of the mountain and they have some nice trails up there for both downhill and cross country. I now have to figure out how I am going to teach 3 small boys to ski when I am not even sure if I remember, but we still have another month before we have to worry about that, perhaps I will just save up some money and hire someone to teach them and I will sit in the lodge and drink hot chocolate all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment