Thursday, October 28, 2004

Oh the stress of kids

I don't know if I have gotten any sleep this week. We finally got over our colds, and all was well for a mirco second. Sunday during hockey Cam said he didn't feel good, and then he decided Monday that he was fine and Tuesday we went to the library with his class, so he didn't want to miss that. Well Tuesday night he woke up in the middle of the night running a fever and crying that his ear just hurt so bad. I thought it was probably from the stuffy heads we have had, so Wednesday I kept him home with me. Then we went and picked up David from school, he came home and played and everything was fine, until just before dinner, the D man looked at me and said "I just want to go to bed momma." I made him eat dinner and then I tucked him into my bed, and he was hot as hoecakes. I got the ear thing to check "how many degrees" he was, and it flashed 102.2 at me. Well shitfire 2 sick kids and I was out of children motrin. I work well in a pinch though I had some cold meds left over that had fever reducer, or as I like to call everything that breaks a fever, aspirin, in it. Tylonel, Advil, Motrin, it's all aspirin to me. I took them both to the doctor today and they have strep throat! So now I am awaiting the onset of strep for me and Colton, because you know we will get it the chances of us not getting it are like a billion to one. I am sure we will wake up sick in the morning, and tomorrow we have Cam's Halloween party to go to in the morning and then Davids in the afternoon. Steve has been out of town this week, but I am sure he will come home sick this weekend, he is always sick when the boys are, and he isn't a mom so he can't be sick and take care of children too. I will have a lovely weekend of taking care of 4 sick children, thankfully the 2 are on meds already, and I can get more for Colton. I hate public school and all the germs!
On a side note stories for the forum are due tomorrow and I have nothing, and I don't know when I will have time to write something so I may have to skip this round, my house is a mess because I can't seem to pick up after these children fast enough, and I have cramps and a headache. Ever have one of those weeks where you just want to put in your letter of resignation? If only I wasn't the founder and president around here, I would try to get someone to buy me out, but there isn't anyone that stupid in the whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment