Thursday, March 03, 2005

Things about me you may not want to know

1. I am unorganize to a fault. I have great plans of getting organized and putting everything in it's place and half way through something else comes up and I forget all about getting organized.

2. I hate people telling me what to do, but I am really good at telling other people what they should do.

3. I have not kept in touch with any of my high school friends, not one of them. Most of my grown up friends are online and I have never met them.

4. I suffer from anxiety attacks sometimes and manic depression, but I think that I can control it on my own and I don't need to take medication for it. I try not to use it as an excuse for a lot of the things in my life, but it probably is. Examples: my unorganizedness, my weight, my credit, and the list could go on. I am responsible for it all and choose not to have the label placed on me and instead just say I make some really bad choices sometimes, but I am working on it. If you met me face to face and spent an hour or 2 with me even when I am at my lowest point you would never know I suffer from depression, because over time you learn to put on that happy smile and pretend the world is great even if you sometimes think it would be better off without you.

5. I don't believe in God. I don't believe in the Easter Bunny or Santa either, but I believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and I am always thankful that there are people out there who pray for me and my boys.

6. I let my kids rule me instead of ruling them.

7. I am really good at keeping my calm when someone pisses me off, but plotting my revenge while smiling to their face.

8. I don't think that ADD/ADHD is a true medical condition. I think it was made up to lump kids who just don't get it or in some cases over hyper, into a group because they felt they had to do something with them and that was the best they could come up with without really putting a lot of time and money into researching it.

9. I am terrified of being alone.

10. I watch to many crime show like cold case files and forensics file and sometimes I have to put all of the boys in bed with me when Steve is gone, because I am scared that some psychopath is going to sneak in and kill us all. I am still not sure how having the boys in with me is going to stop that, but I am sure if it came down to him or us I could take him!

Ok enough of my weirdness I just didn't have much to post. I have been drowning and I keep struggling to make it back to the surface, but just can't seem to get there yet. I can still see the light reflecting off the top of the water so I have not gone completely to the bottom yet, and hopefully I don't make it that far under.

I had a meeting with David's teacher today. I have struggled with the whole issue and I just can't have a Dr. Diagnosis him with something that I don't believe exists. So I am going to start going in every day for half an hour to an hour and I will teach my baby how to read. My biggest though is that things need to go back to the way they were 20 years ago when all the children were working on the same thing as everyone else and one teacher wasn't trying to teach 4 different groups of children 4 different subjects. Something is wrong in the thinking, but I suppose we can't live in the past and what they think is progress today will be scoffed at tomorrow. So I leave you with this cause it pretty will sums it up I guess.

The times they are a Changin'
Bob Dylan

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheels still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'.
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment