Thursday, February 24, 2005

It's going to be one of those day.

You know the ones where nothing goes right and you shouldn't have even gotten out of bed. I woke up to the dog, the oldest one who is 10, chewing up a snow boot. I don't know what got into him he has chewed up my sandals before, when he was younger, but they were leather and I think they tasted like the rawhide chews we give them. So there he was biting little pieces of boot off and spitting them it a nice neat little pile, he looks up at me as if to say "Hey mom you should try this it's great!" and keep right on doing what he knows he shouldn't be doing in the first place. I took the boot away from him threw the bits and pieces from his stock pile away and told him "Doc you better straighten up. I am not against putting one of those boots right up your butt this morning." He just gave me a look like I don't have a clue what your saying, but I know he does, he understands everything else I say. So the boot has been dealt with and I make my way into the kitchen tripping over various items along the way, mostly toys and dog dishes, caught my little toe on something and darn near pulled it off my foot thinking the whole time "Please I just want some coffee!" I see the wonderful little machine sitting there on the counter calling to me and I give it a little pat and I am thankful that at least one thing this morning will go right. HA I make the coffee, go in and wake the boys up and go in to get their breakfast and the kitchen that was there a few minutes ago has turned into a pool of coffee. I grab a handful of paper towels and tell the boys to stay out of there, because the coffee pot must of broke. I get the mess on the floor cleaned up and retrace the trail up the counter, to the top and then to the machine it's self. Well nothing is broken, the pot is completely full sitting there waiting for me like nothing was wrong. I am baffled at this point and then David says "I didn't break the coffee pot mom" I told him I knew he didn't. He says "I just wanted to get your coffee ready for you. I'm sorry I made a mess mom" OH CRAP! He made my coffee and set the switch to auto, which went off at 4:30 this morning, because I never set it and Colton plays with it. So I didn't even think to check the pot for coffee as I knew I rinsed it out yesterday after my last cup. So there was his pot of coffee and my pot of coffee all in the same pot! "David you didn't make this mess baby mom did it because she just wasn't paying attention this morning. What do you want for breakfast?" But wait there is more, while cooking, does throwing something in the microwave count as cooking, Cam's oatmeal I hit the start button which if no one has played with the buttons should go off in one minute. I got David and Colton their cereal, got me a cup of twice made coffee, ran downstairs and got the boys jeans out of the dryer, came back up and the oatmeal is still cooking. I go check on it the timer says 88:54 I have no idea how long that bowl of oatmeal cooked, but there wasn't much left of it and what was left was a hard lump in the bottom of the bowl. I got fresh oatmeal and set the timer for the correct amount of time and got him fed. I did manage to get D and Cam to school on time, but I am waiting to see what will go wrong next, as I have only been up for an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment