Saturday, February 12, 2005

HI HO HI HO off to the emergency room we go.

I was sitting at my desk, just minding my own business, and the 2 oldest were out playing. They were getting along, no fighting, no yelling at each other, just playing together well. When all of a sudden I hear a loud KUTHUD and a blood curdling scream. I bound from my chair leaping over dogs and toys, to the back door. David is running up the stairs yelling "WEEWOO WEEWOO alert alert WEEWOO WEEWOO" I push him out of my way as I am focused on Cam. He is staggering out form under the deck telling me "I fell off the deck." I grab him up and we run into the bathroom so I can get a good look at him asking him on the way "where does it hurt?" "MY HEAD" he bellows. I look at his tiny little head and see the blood pouring from it, get a rag and wipe it up and see the gash. "Oh baby we are going to have to go get stitches" I sat him on the toilet, with the washrag, run to the kitchen grab a bag of frozen squash, put that on his head, run back to my desk, call Steve and say "You have to come home right now Cameron just split his head wide open." I don't even think I listened for a response I just threw the phone down and ran back to the bathroom. Cameron had stopped crying by then. Steve made it home in under 5 minutes and off we went to the Emergency Room. This is the 3rd time Cam has had to go to the emergency room for stitches, the other 2 have never had to go, but poor little Cameron is accident prone, it is a good thing he is hard headed and just manages to do surface damage. He just amazes me once the shock of the fall wore off he never even whimpered, when they stuck him in his head with the huge needle he just sat there, when they started sewing him up he just sat there. The Doctors were amazed, the nurses were amazed, and Steve and I were amazed at just how tough this kid is. He required 5 stitches on the back of his head. Thankfully our emergency room staff here tries to get you in and out in a hurry. We were only there for about an hour and a half, then we had to stop off for ice cream on the way home. Then I am getting him ready for bed and take off his shirt and he is bruised all down his spine from the fall. He says his head is the only thing that hurts, but I am watching him to make sure. David took us out to show us what happened and they were looking off the side of the steps and Cam fell about 4 feet and landed in the wagon. Hopefully this well be his last ER trip, but knowing Cam and his accident proneness we will make several more trips before I get him raised!

No comments:

Post a Comment