Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Want a 4 year old?

I am just about willing to give him away free of charge this morning. We woke up and everything was great. Everyone ate their breakfast, got their showers and got dressed, we were actually ahead of our normal schedule. We got in the van and listened to some Christmas music and laughed on the way to school, and then we pulled up...

Cameron got out with his brother and all of a sudden decided he was not going to school anymore. He started screaming at the top of his lungs that he wasn't going, and he latched on to the seat with a death grip. David being the helpful child that he is decided that he would try to drag Cam to school, and I am telling David "just go to class honey I will handle it". "Cameron come on your going to make mom go to jail if you don't go to school." now I have Cameron crying and screaming, because he doesn't want to go to school, and David crying because he thinks I am on my way to jail because Cameron won't go to school, and Colton sitting calmly in the passenger seat as if this is just a normal morning. I hop out and drag the child to the front door of the school; I let go of him to get the door opened and off he runs to the van, so again I go and get him. I take him to the door and this time he wiggled out of my grasp and back to the van. So I chase him down with David hot on my heals. Luckily Colton was in the van and let me back in because Cameron had me locked out at this point. I load them all up and drive around to the front of the school, and I grabbed Cameron out of the van and hauled his ass to the school into the front door kicking and screaming.
"David get your butt to class and quit worrying about Cam."
"mom I will take him with you."
"Just go"
Well David got half way down the hall and came running back as Cam tried to escape once again, but I was to quick for him that time. The office lady came out and helped me get him and she took him down to class and David walked with her. I left and didn't turn around once. It took us 20 minutes to get him into class today, but there was no way I was letting him come home with me, because that would have just taught him that he doesn't have to go just because he doesn't want to. Cam always goes to school without a problem unless he doesn't feel good, today was really different. I had times with David where he didn't want to go, but all I had to do was tell him he had to go and reassure him I would be there to pick him up and all was fine. Colton told granny on the phone, "Cameron almost made me and mom go to jail cause he didn't want to go to school, he may have to go live at the orphanage."

No comments:

Post a Comment