Friday, November 26, 2004

Let it snow

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I actually cooked dinner at home so it was just Me, Steve and the boys. I was impressed with myself, I didn't burn anything and everything was edible, and the turkey was tender and juice. All 4 of my boys decided I am almost as good at cooking Thanksgiving dinner as their granny that was the best thing they could have said to me! I was going to go shopping today, but there is about 3 inches of snow on the ground and it is still falling.

Hopefully it last through Christmas, because I love a white Christmas. Tomorrow we will turn on the Christmas music and dig out the decorations to start decking the halls. I love Christmas, but for some reason I always get so sad. My mom says that I have always been that way. She always tells me that when I was a baby we would go shopping, back in the days when they use to play Christmas music in the stores, and she would look at me and I would be crying. I will still cry for no good reason during this time of year, I will hear a certain song,or see something on the news, and just break down. I think that even as a baby and a child I realized that the world should be a peaceful and wonderful place and it isn't. I have always wondered why during the holiday season everyone tries just a little harder to be kind to each other, but the rest of the year they could care less. I didn't mean for this to be such a depressing post. Well I am going to shovel the sidewalk with the boys, and make snow angels and throw snowballs!

No comments:

Post a Comment