Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Playing Dr.

Well I finally broke down and took myself to the doctor today as my throat is swollen shut. It went something like this.

Dr.: "Oh it's mom's turn to be sick."
Me: "I am not sick, mom's don't get sick."
Dr. Shines light at me and tells me to open my mouth. "Yep your sick." Then proceeds to look in my ears and poke at my face.
Dr.: "How long have you had this sinus infection?"
Me: "I have a sore throat not a sinus infection."
Dr.: "NO you have strep throat, ear infections in both ears, and a sinus infection. How long have you had the sinus infection?"
Me: "I have had a sinus headache and stuffy nose for about a month or so, I don't know... awhile."
Dr.: "You have been taking over the counter drugs to treat it haven't you."
Me: "Yep"
Dr: "Well stop it."
Me: "Why?"
Dr: "Because I am the Dr. and I said." Ok he didn't really say that, he said, "You have stopped the infection from draining, which has caused the sinus infection to get worse and move into your ear canals."
Me: "Oh."
Dr. hands me a prescription slip and tells me not to take anything else from over the counter and if I don't feel better by Thursday to come back.
Well now because I have not taken anything for the sinus headache and pressure my eyes feel like any moment they will pop out of my head with such force they will break the computer screen, not to mention the pressure on my ears they didn't hurt while I was taking the over the counter crap, but it is draining right down the back on my throat gagging me everytime I swallow so I must be getting better right?
It seems like it has been one thing after another lately. If I were a dog someone would have taken me out and put a bullet in my head to put me out of my misery by now, and I really don't think that would be such a bad thing at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment