Saturday, November 05, 2005

Is it November already?

I don't know where the time has gone, but it seems to be flying at warp speed. I don't think I have had 15 minutes of unbusy time since my last post. I have fallen into bed every night this week and was sleeping before my head hit the pillow.

Halloween was a lot of fun, in spite of the fact that 2 of the boys were not entirely thrilled with what they got dress up as for the occasion. I took the boys to paperwarehouse, because they were having a sale and told them they all had to pick something there because I was not running all around to pick just the right costume and I was not paying a fortune for them. Cameron had big plans of being a skeleton before we even got to the store so we lucked out with him they had just the perfect skeleton outfit. David wanted to be this zombie ghoul thing, but we couldn't find anything remotely resembling what he had his heart set on, then he was going to be Darth Vader, but they only had Colton's size for that. So I got to digging around and it was between a ninja or a power ranger. Oh my lord don't tell your 2nd grader they can be a power ranger... just don't so he took the ninja. Colton didn't care what he was going to be as long as it was scary, he likes the whole scariness of Halloween. Well I told him Darth Vader was scary and he was all for it, he ran around going "Luke I am your father." and "Aww a sister, Obi Wan was wise to hide her from me." and then I looked at the price 42 bucks... Needless to say I had to crush his hopes of being a dark lord this year. I found Hulk and a Spongebob get up, and Colton loves Spongebob so I figured he would go for that. He looked at me and says "Pongebob is not scary mom!" I quickly convinced him that The Hulk was scary, and he could take spiderman out! So the big day finally gets here...

I went to all three of the class parties, which were fun, but by the time we got home I was ready for my blanket and a story, but the boys had other ideas of how our night would be spent. So they began putting on their costumes and digging out the trick or treat bags. By 4:30 they were ready and by 5 we were out the door. We met up with the little girl across the street and her mom and off we went. After an hour and a half of trick or treating the mom's were cold and tired and the kids bags were overflowing. Success!

Tuesday we had hockey and I get to be the team mom for Cam's team, so the whole hour I was handing out team rousters and jerseys, then I rushed David into the bathroom, because I didn't have time to get a locker room key and he changed into his gear as I handed out the last of the jerseys for Cam's team, he is on the yellow team, and then I got D's skates laced up and found out that I get to be the team mom for his team as well, so it was another hour of running around handing out jersey's and team lists to parents! I may be insane by the end of this year, but with as fast as time seems to be moving it will be over before I even know it. Cam has his first game tomorrow and David's is on tuesday. It is going to be great!

Thursday we had parent teacher meetings. I am in their classes enough that it was really just a waste of time on both our parts. I didn't find out anything I don't already know, but the teacher have to have them for everyone, and I did get to pick up school pictures, which I will probably get mailed out when Colton is 12 or 13! Actually this year I am waiting for the hockey pictures so I can mail them all together. (That will be you Christmas present Paula and I promise to mail them and last years too!)

I am off to bed I tried to get caught up on house work and laundry today, noticed I said tried as with most things in my life I failed! Oh well we all have clean clothes to wear next week so that is something!

No comments:

Post a Comment