Monday, November 14, 2005

You're a mean one Mr. Grinch!

HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS
by
Dr Seuss

Every Who
Down in Who-ville
Liked Christmas a lot...

But the Grinch,
Who lived just North of Who-ville,
Did NOT!

The Grinch hated Christmas!
The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were to tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

But,
Whatever the reason,
His heart or his shoes,
He stood there on Christmas Eve, hating the Whos,
Staring down from his cave with a sour, Grinchy frown
At the warm lighted windows below in their town.
For he knew every Who down in Who-ville beneath
Was busy now, hanging a mistleoe wreath.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I have been Grinched! Friday I asked Steve if we really had to have Thanksgiving dinner. He never got a chance to answer, because Cameron quickly said that yes indeed we did have to have Thanksgiving dinner. He informed me it was a celebration and we should be joining in on the celebration! Then last night just Steve and I were sitting in the living room. I looked at him and said "I don't think I am even going to bother putting up the tree this year." He just stared blankly at me like I was speaking a different language, but I am pretty sure I said it in English! Maybe it is the fact that Christmas should have been over a month ago, at least that is the way it feels in every store. Since before Halloween the stores have been pushing their Christmas wares upon us. Every other commercial on TV has been about the holidays, and Steve took the credit card away from me. I have to be placed on a limited budget for this Christmas. So really what is the point? If I can't spend like a mad women it is really pointless to have Christmas. Cameron said "God will be very upset with us if we don't have Christmas",and yes my kids all believe in God and Santa Clause too! I on the other hand feel like Albert in the animated classic "twas the night before Christmas". Maybe as the seasons quickly approach my mood will change, and even if it doesn't I will put on a holly jolly face and tis the season for the sake of the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment