Friday, September 23, 2005

Sensible Shoes

I heard that song today, you remember that song, you use to sing it to me, when you went off to california. Still even after all these years I think about you when it's playing. We really just had bad timing didn't we, but that never meant I didn't love you. There will always be a special place in my heart that belongs only to you. I think we both knew on some level that last weekend we spent together was going to be it. I think that is why it was so hard to let go of each other. We had been inseparable from the day we met and it was all ending so fast. I still have all those letter you wrote to me, and the tapes you made for me. Remember that time I came to see you after you moved back. I think about it a lot, and all the phone conversations we had afterwards. I know you don't have a clue what happened to me after that, but I met someone and we got married and have 3 beautiful kids now. He is a really good guy and I think you would like him. I hope you met someone too, and I hope she is all that I could never be. You were that one great love in my life, that soul mate everyone is always looking for, and I just wanted you to know that. I wanted you to know that I am content with my life, and it is a lot better than it was the last time we spoke. I hope that if you ever think about me it is with kindness in your heart, and you know that I did truly love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment