Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A river runs through it!

Well new years day went surprisingly smooth. New Years eve however whole different story. I was awoken to "Hey mom the basement's full of water?" from the D man and Cam.

Me: "What?"
D: "Yeah you can wade in the basement mom, where's my trunks?" giggling the whole while!
Steve: "is it the washer?"
Me: full well knowing the hot water heater has held on as long as it can. I've only had to relight the damn thing 230 times in the last 2 months. "It the hot water heater."
Steve: "No it's got to be something else." because he doesn't want to admit I was right all along!
D: "Is that why it kept going off?"
Me: "Yep" as I get up to go check it out.

Sure enough you could wade in the basement. I had taken all the bedding, the new christmas cloths, and all the clothes to be washed down and they were neatly in their piles and instead of heading for the floor drain the water made its way right for my neatly stacked piles. Everything was sopping wet. Luckly I hadn't taken down the tree yet because everything under the stairs had to be taken out to dry. I had a box of baby blankents and all my "to fit into" clothes were under there and they all have to be washed now cause they are drinched and they were not small boxes we are talking TV sized boxes. I don't know what happened, but the stupid water heater must of leaked all night and kept filling up and leaking somemore. I have done most of the laundry. I am working on the towels we used to sop up water with and that is about 8 loads of towels!

Getting the new hot water heater was an adventure I didn't go on! Luckily I was smart enough to take the boys ice skating. Steve went and priced them and found one while we were at the rink. The getting it in the house was an adventure I wished I had missed. Steve got the dolly out, we were doing good until we got to the stairs. I managed to pull the whole box right off the dolly and down onto my knee, but I'm tough I pushed it right back up onto the dolly got it into the basement and then said my four letter words. I am sporting a bruise about the size of my fist just above my knee and it hurts.

Funny thing on the way home from skating.
D man "Colton was hitting on the girls again mom! He is so embarassing!"
Colton: "Well she was a hottie mom. I'm smooth I asked her on a date."
Me giggling uncontrolablely: "where are you taking her?"
Colton: "We already went I took her ice skating."
Cam: "She was a hottie, but she was to old for Colton!"

Boy I can't wait til they are teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment