Thursday, November 09, 2006

Committee

So I'm on this committee you all know that already... Last night we had our first meeting and there was one lady that seemed to have a personal agenda to attack me. I don't even know why she was there as she has 2 girls in the program that are very non competitive, and neither one of them is a mite? So I am sure she just came to make sure her opinion of me was heard, because she really didn't have anything beneficial to say other then I like to create chaos and maybe I should just take David out of hockey. First I can't help it that my mini mite is one of the best players on the ice, and hers doesn't get any puck time, and secondly I can't help it that I want to be sure the format they are implimenting is the very best for these kids, because it's out come effects my kids. She thinks we should blindly follow whatever someone else tells her, and I've never been good at blindly following. The thing is she has talked to a few mite parents that want only cross ice situtations. I have talked to just about all of them. I know every damn mite parent out there so I have heard every opinion they all have and half the squirts parents opinions as well. I know how divided this whole mess is, and there is a happy medium but no one wants to compromise. I guess I don't understand why it has to be one way or the other. I have looked at other programs, I have talked to coaches from very respected programs around the country, and I have tried to educate myself on this whole cross ice issue. I can only find a few people that agree that a strictly cross ice program is the best way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment